1. Fill a bucket or sink with cold water under 30 degrees.
2. Add a decent amount of silk detergent in cool water.
3. Soak your silk product to bathe for 5-10 minutes (no longer than 30 minutes).
4. Rinse through cold water until detergent completely disappears.
5. Press between a clean towel or your hands directly to remove excess water. Make sure to never twist the silk fabric.
6. Hang dry or lay flat to dry. Please avoid direct sunlight exposure.
7. To bring your silk garment back to sheen and softness, iron using low heat or steamed to keep your pieces wrinkle-free.
We Can Also Make
1. Before you toss your silk pieces into the washing machine, sort them with the same color of silk. We recommend washing one piece at a time.
2. Use a protective mesh bag/laundry bag to avoid silk fibers tearing.
3. Add a decent amount of silk detergent to the machine.
4. Machine wash with cold water under 30 degrees and begin washing on a delicate cycle.
5. We do not recommend spinning silk fabrics because it can cause wrinkles and tears. However, if you are unable to wait for them to naturally air dry, spin your silk product in less than a minute.
6. Use a clean white cloth or towel to soak up the excess water and moisture.
7. DO NOT TUMBLE DRY.
8. Hang dry or lay flat to dry. Please avoid direct sunlight exposure.
9. To bring your silk garment back to sheen and softness, iron using low heat or steamed to keep your pieces wrinkle-free.
10. When it comes time to wear your Silk Maison, a smoothing technique isn’t always necessary since creases tend to fall when hung. But if you’d like to; steaming is the best method in keeping your pieces wrinkle-free.